Its Alive!

Finally my new belts for buckybot arrived today. Thats the name Im giving my almost finished Mendel. The first set of belts I sourced locally ended up being about double the thickness they were supposed to be so couldnt do the tight turns required for the pullies. Also some green pla arrived And a nice new sample of the translucent blue color, they seriously want me to spend all my money.

It’s alive

Most of the pulleys required some cleaning which of course I mean solid abuse from a pair of scissors. Which reminds me I need to get some proper cleaning tools. The z pulley was the most problematic since it had almost no clearance with the captive nut pulley. Luckily I had a couple tiny screws that worked.

After a little bit of adjustments, since I didnt really do them in the rush of assembly, I had everything hooked up. Then I had a problem with one of the steppers. After a quick check and some multimetrring I realized it was some shoddy pins. With a bit of prodding I was firing up replicatorg to make sure things were ok.


I have movement on all 3 Axis.

Now to finish off a Wade extruded while I wait for some modular heat core kits to arrive.